Cullins signs with Holmes CC softball
New Albany softball had its third player sign to play college ball on Tuesday, as Shaneka Cullins decided to continue her career at Holmes Community College.
“I’m very excited to get to go to Holmes and have a chance to continue playing,” she said. “I’ve played since a child and have always loved the sport.”
Cullins recorded 26 hits and 11 RBI as a junior for the Lady Bulldogs and has continued to progress for the program.
“It’s not often to have a late bloomer like her,” New Albany head coach Tom Zahller said. “She came on strong at the end of last season, and back in the fall, she’s progressed into a talent that had many asking where did she come from.”
Cullins cited the team and campus life were the main attractions for her in her decision to play at Holmes.
She also said she is excited to now focus on the upcoming season for New Albany now that the pressure of signing is out of the way.
“The softball girls are very nice, and I went there and enjoyed the campus,” Cullins said. “I’m hoping to have a good season this spring. I no longer have the stress of wondering if I’m going to sign or not.”
Zahller said that he has known Cullins’ potential and that Holmes has a great addition to its program.
“We realized a long time ago that she would be a special player,” he said.
“She went to Holmes and immediately knew that’s where she belongs. That’s the key with these girls signing. They need to find a home that will fit for them, and Holmes does for Shaneka.”
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series