Ingomar, East Union split wins
By Tyler McCollum
The Falcons and Lady Falcons of Ingomar traveled to East Union Friday night for another great match-up.
The Lady Falcons improved to 16-12 on the season after defeating the Lady Urchins in a hard-fought contest. Both teams struggled in the first quarter with turnovers and missed shots, but then got things going in the right direction. With 2:56 left in the third quarter and the Lady Falcons up 34-30, Mallory Mahan pulled her team within one with a three-point shot. Late in the fourth quarter, East Union lost the ball out of bounds and fouled Heather Dillard. She made the front-end of the one and one to make it Ingomar 51, East Union 45 for the final.
High scorers for the game were (I) Reid Little – 18 and (EU) Ashley Leach – 21.
Ingomar girls will travel to Potts Camp Tuesday and then back at home on Friday to wrap up the regular season. East Union will travel to West Union on Tuesday and Saltillo on Friday to finish their season.
In the boys’ action Ingomar scored first on a basket by Foster and the Urchins very quickly tied it with a three by Montgomery.
The first quarter saw several tied scores and lead changes. East Union pulled within one (16-15) on a shot by Lattimore in the final seconds of the 1st quarter. Fourth quarter action saw East Union chipping away at Ingomar’s lead. Lattimore tied the score at 49 with two minutes to go. He then stole the ball and put the Urchins up by three. East Union went on to win 60-53.
The Urchins had three players in double digits. Dontrell Lattimore – 14; Broderick Montgomery – 12; Dustin Hall – 11. Ingomar’s Henry Foster had 26.
Ingomar will be in action against Potts Camp on Tuesday and Hickory Flat at home for senior night on Friday. East Union travels to West Union on Tuesday and Saltillo on Friday.
About New Albany Gazette
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert