Falcons defeat Hornets, will host Biggersville next
By Tyler McCollum
Things got pretty intense Tuesday night in the Ingomar gym as the Falcons hosted the Montgomery County Hornets for the “do-or-die” first round North Half game. The Falcons’ offense started hot and never let up during the first quarter. Henry Foster lifted his team with three back-to-back three-point shots and Devonte Williamson added two to make it 11-0 with 5:16 left to play in the first. Ingomar continued to cruise through the quarter connecting on pretty much everything that they shot. Montgomery County managed to sneak in a couple of baskets to make the end of the first quarter 31-6 Falcons. The second quarter was lead by Tyus Clay for Montgomery County as he and his team came within 14 points, scoring off of Falcon mistakes and fast breaks, making the end of quarter 2 42-28. The start of the third quarter saw the Hornets rally cut short as Ingomar’s offense heated up once again. Montgomery County had problems connecting with baskets on a consistent basis and fouls also plagued the Hornets with three of their starters racking up four fouls each by the end of the third quarter. For the Falcons, Henry Foster posted 11 in the third and as a total team effort, the Hornets only posted 12 in the quarter. The Falcons outscored the Hornets 16-10 in the final quarter and with 1:10 left to play, Ingomar would send in their second string to wrap things up. The Falcons went on to win 82-52 over the Hornets. High scorers: Ingomar: Henry Foster-32, Alex Jeter-12, Sam Cobb-11, Devonte Williamson-11, and for Montgomery County: Marquis Gunn-16, Tyus Clay-13, Alex Brown-10. The Falcons will face Biggersville on Thursday at 4:00 in the North Half tournament, which will be held at Ingomar.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...