Free clinic to open
The effort to improve health care in New Albany takes another step forward Saturday with the opening of a free clinic in our community.
Agape Clinic will be open at 10 a.m. this Saturday at 505 North St. in the Historic Northside Neighborhood and will offer free health care for those without medical insurance.
Officials hope to have the clinic open at least twice a month on weekends and possibly on a weeknight.
The medical services are expected to include general health screenings, managing chronic illness, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other things including referrals to eye doctors and dentists.
The clinic is a non-profit non-denominational faith-based project that originated with the gift of the property several years ago to Bethlehem United Methodist Church.
Many volunteers have helped move the project to reality but we would single out the Rev. Jeff Lawrence, Dr. Eric Harding and Dr. Shane Scott for getting the project off the ground.
Free clinics depend on both volunteers and donations for support. We encourage those in the community who can afford it to join in supporting this worthwhile community health endeavor with a tax-deductible contribution.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...