Lions end Ingomar’s season
The Falcons had the effort, but Biggersville made a few more plays in the 1A north half showdown last Thursday, resulting in a 70-62 win for the Lions.
“They made the plays and made a couple more shots there when we needed to,” Falcons head coach Jonathan Ashley said.
“Couldn’t ask for a better performance tonight. They gave me everything the have and left it all out on the court. Ingomar people appreciate that. You can’t fault the effort.”
The Lions raced out to a 13-2 lead in the first quarter, but Ingomar chipped away at that lead, and LaQuain Foster put the Falcons within five, 23-18, to end the frame. Foster had two big three-pointers for Ingomar in the first half, 12 points off the bench, to keep the Falcons close.
“It’s probably one of the better games he’s played this year,” Ashley said of Foster. “He gave us that spark, and he’s capable of playing well for us.”
The Lions held a slim, 36-33, lead at the break, and quickly extended that to seven at the beginning of the third quarter. Ingomar kept the deficit within 10 until the fourth quarter, when Darian Barnett made it 49-39 early in the frame.
Twice in the final quarter, Ingomar worked with four points only to have the Lions respond soon after.
Henry Foster led Ingomar with 21 points, followed by 19 from LaQuain Foster. Jaylon Gaines and Daniel Simmons each had 25 points to lead Biggersville.
The Falcons had a successful season under Ashley in his first year at the school, finishing at 23-13 and as Union County champions.
“Going into this year, when I first took this job, looking at what they had coming back, I felt we had a chance to be successful.,” Ashley said.
“The kids came out here and worked hard. At one point, we were 6-6 after losing to Houlka, and we weren’t very tough or disciplined. We finally went to work and had great senior leadership. Once we did those things, it started to materialize in wins.”
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...