Bulldogs improve to 4-0
New Albany improved to 4-0 on the young season, defeating Ripley, 5-1, on Saturday.
The Tigers threatened early, loading the bases in the first on a hit batter, walk and a single from Aleck Hobbson, but the Bulldogs got out of that inning and Brandon Montgomery allowed only two more hits on the day, one from Hobbson to open the fourth inning and the last from Zack Nance, scoring the Tigers’ lone run in the seventh.
New Albany was held hitless until the third inning, when first hit from Jake McDonald with bases loaded scored two runs. Grant Hogue followed that with a single, scoring one more. Jonah Zahller brought in the first run earlier in the inning.
The Bulldogs’ final run came in the bottom of the sixth on a bases loaded walk of Ben Foster, making it 5-0.
New Albany picked up a 7-2 win over Mooreville at the Pontotoc Tournament on Thursday behind a one-hitter from Ben Foster and Hunter McCreight. Foster had 10 strikeouts in the win, while Zahller led the offense with two hits and Montgomery registered his first home run of the year.
The Bulldogs will take on Booneville this Friday and host Itawamba and Marshall Academy on Saturday. All of the games will be at Legion Field.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...