Hunt leads EU over Biggersville
The Lady Urchins were well aware of what Lady Lions’ pitcher Taylor Beth Nash is capable of. Recording 16 strikeouts in a game earlier this season, East Union’s offense came prepared, taking an 11-1 win last Thursday.
“We did very good putting the bat on the ball, and we had a few girls step up with some big plays,” East Union head coach Brad Brown said. “That put a lot of pressure on their defense, and we had some base runners. I thought we did a good job with our base runners, and on defense, we didn’t have any errors, so I was very pleased there. Our batters were very patient, and that’s what we want.”
The Lady Urchins scored its first run on a single from Katey Hunt and batter around the order in the third, scoring five runs to lead 6-0.
Biggersville’s lone run came in the fifth inning, with Megan Mitchell bringing in a run, and the Lady Urchins closed the game out in the sixth, starting with a solo shot from Hunt.
The junior led the Lady Urchins with two hits in the win.
The Lady Urchins dropped a 21-10 decision on Friday to Ingomar.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday