Hunt leads EU over Biggersville
The Lady Urchins were well aware of what Lady Lions’ pitcher Taylor Beth Nash is capable of. Recording 16 strikeouts in a game earlier this season, East Union’s offense came prepared, taking an 11-1 win last Thursday.
“We did very good putting the bat on the ball, and we had a few girls step up with some big plays,” East Union head coach Brad Brown said. “That put a lot of pressure on their defense, and we had some base runners. I thought we did a good job with our base runners, and on defense, we didn’t have any errors, so I was very pleased there. Our batters were very patient, and that’s what we want.”
The Lady Urchins scored its first run on a single from Katey Hunt and batter around the order in the third, scoring five runs to lead 6-0.
Biggersville’s lone run came in the fifth inning, with Megan Mitchell bringing in a run, and the Lady Urchins closed the game out in the sixth, starting with a solo shot from Hunt.
The junior led the Lady Urchins with two hits in the win.
The Lady Urchins dropped a 21-10 decision on Friday to Ingomar.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...