Support our community theater
The Tallahatchie River Players, our community theater group, is presenting “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” this weekend at the Cine Theater in the Magnolia Civic Center.
The musical production is based on the Peanuts gang from the comic strip as they juggle a series of silly, heroic, frustrating and heartfelt stories throughout a single day.
This play, directed by John Peter Ford with Phil Nanney as co-director and Cathy Garrett as producer, is unusual because it has only seven cast members, and five of them are played by high school students.
Austin Fitts and Ellie Fitts of Myrtle Attendance Center play Charlie Brown and Linus Van Pelt, Tori Baldwin of Ingomar Attendance Center plays Lucy Van Pelt, Reid Williams of Ingomar Attendance Center plays Schroeder, and Madison Eldridge of East Union Attendance Center plays Patty. Stephen Brock will play Snoopy and Donna Cobb will play Woodstock
The production, which will be at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, presents an opportunity to enjoy a family-oriented show and to support our local community theater group.
Main floor tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the New Albany Main Street Association office or at the door.
We encourage your support of our community theater.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...