Elementary students share classroom blog
This winter, two first grade classes at New Albany Elementary School participated in a “Winter Wonderland Exchange” Classroom Blog. They communicated with kindergarten, first grade, and third grade students from Ohio, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, California, Kentucky, Vermont, Georgia, Michigan, Florida, & Ontario, Canada. Each classroom participating in the Exchange sent twenty crafts and a letter telling about the winter climate where they live. In return, each classroom received projects, crafts, and letters from across the country and Canada. Students from NAES sent a rain craft and told about the rainy winters we have here. NAES received crafts relating to Martin Luther King, Jr.; penguins; snowmen; Groundhog’s Day; pigeons; lovebugs; starfish; and polar bears. Students at NAES also learned fun facts such as: In Michigan, students get to bring snow sleds to school to play on the hills during recess time; In Ontario, kids play in the snow during recess time; and most of the students at an elementary school in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania are originally from Puerto Rico. The first grade teachers participating in the exchange were Christy Littlejohn, Robin Willis, and Jessica Nanney. Pictured: Students display the crafts and letters they received during the “Winter Wonderland Exchange.”
About New Albany Gazette
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert