New Albany voters approve sale of wine, spirits
The majority of voters in New Albany voted Tuesday to approve a measure that will allow the sale of wine and spirits within the city limits.
One thousand twelve hundred and seventeen of the city's voters, or 57 percent, approved the measure, while 910 residents, or 43 percent, voted against it.
According to the Union County circuit clerk, 227 absentees were cast, as well as 25 affadavit ballots. Of the 227 absentees, 147 were cast in favor of sales, while 80 votes went against the measure. Of the 25 affadavit ballots, 13 were cast in favor of the measure, while five votes were cast against.
Wine and liquor sales will not immediately go into effect. The city's board of alderman will now have the task of considering conditions regulating sales.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...