The annual New Albany Home and Garden Show will take place Friday and Saturday, April 5 and 6, at the Union County Fairgrounds.
This is the fifth year for the event, which is sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service.
The show this year features 28 different programs. The programs are free except for a ticketed lunch on Friday. At the lunch, Kevin Hinton, manager of Bankhead Flowers and Fine Gifts, will speak on the topic, “Magic of Spring Flowers.”
The events begin at 11 a.m. on Friday and at 8:40 a.m. on Saturday. More information can be gotten by calling the county extension office at 662-534-1916 or at the web site, newalbanygardening.com.
Attendance at the Home and Garden Show has been good and it draws a number of visitors from out of town. It’s a reminder how important tourism is to our local economy.
Unlike prior years, the weather forecast for Friday and Saturday includes only a slight chance of rain. Keep your fingers crossed.
We recommend the New Albany Home and Garden Show if you have a knack for gardening or would like to give it a try.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...