The annual New Albany Home and Garden Show will take place Friday and Saturday, April 5 and 6, at the Union County Fairgrounds.
This is the fifth year for the event, which is sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service.
The show this year features 28 different programs. The programs are free except for a ticketed lunch on Friday. At the lunch, Kevin Hinton, manager of Bankhead Flowers and Fine Gifts, will speak on the topic, “Magic of Spring Flowers.”
The events begin at 11 a.m. on Friday and at 8:40 a.m. on Saturday. More information can be gotten by calling the county extension office at 662-534-1916 or at the web site, newalbanygardening.com.
Attendance at the Home and Garden Show has been good and it draws a number of visitors from out of town. It’s a reminder how important tourism is to our local economy.
Unlike prior years, the weather forecast for Friday and Saturday includes only a slight chance of rain. Keep your fingers crossed.
We recommend the New Albany Home and Garden Show if you have a knack for gardening or would like to give it a try.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...