All-County basketball team selected
County coaches met last Thursday, selecting this year’s All-County basketball team, the top players from each school this season.
Headlining the girls’ selections is Mississippi State signee Jazmine Spears, who led the Lady Bulldogs to a county tournament title, regular season division title and a playoff appearance.
The senior led the Lady Bulldogs, averaging 27.8 points per game and 14.9 rebounds per game. She is joined on the All-County team by teammate Erin Michael Carter.
Meshay Cox led the Lady Hawks this season, earning her spot on the team, followed by East Union’s Ashley Leach and Jade Anderson, Ingomar’s Reid Little and Heather Dillard and a trio from West Union, Julianna Garner, Hannah McQuary and Samantha Bridges, who led the Lady Eagles to the county championship game this season.
Based on New Albany and West Union’s appearance in the girls’ title game of the Union County Tournament, each selected an honorable mention for the team, Gracen Conlee from West and Kayla Parker for the Lady Bulldogs.
A group of talented seniors leads the boys’ selections, including Myrtle’s Robert Montgomery and Ingomar’s Henry Foster.
Montgomery led the Hawks with 24.8 points per game as a senior, while Foster led the Falcons with 21.7 points per game.
Also selected from Ingomar was Devonte Williamson and Sam Cobb and for Myrtle, Keon Hampton and Ben Paist rounded out the selections for the Hawks.
New Albany’s selections for the team include Eric Chaney and Jerrell Lipsey, while Chase Taylor represents West Union and a duo from East Union made the team in Dontrell Lattimore and Dustin Hall.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday