All-County basketball team selected
County coaches met last Thursday, selecting this year’s All-County basketball team, the top players from each school this season.
Headlining the girls’ selections is Mississippi State signee Jazmine Spears, who led the Lady Bulldogs to a county tournament title, regular season division title and a playoff appearance.
The senior led the Lady Bulldogs, averaging 27.8 points per game and 14.9 rebounds per game. She is joined on the All-County team by teammate Erin Michael Carter.
Meshay Cox led the Lady Hawks this season, earning her spot on the team, followed by East Union’s Ashley Leach and Jade Anderson, Ingomar’s Reid Little and Heather Dillard and a trio from West Union, Julianna Garner, Hannah McQuary and Samantha Bridges, who led the Lady Eagles to the county championship game this season.
Based on New Albany and West Union’s appearance in the girls’ title game of the Union County Tournament, each selected an honorable mention for the team, Gracen Conlee from West and Kayla Parker for the Lady Bulldogs.
A group of talented seniors leads the boys’ selections, including Myrtle’s Robert Montgomery and Ingomar’s Henry Foster.
Montgomery led the Hawks with 24.8 points per game as a senior, while Foster led the Falcons with 21.7 points per game.
Also selected from Ingomar was Devonte Williamson and Sam Cobb and for Myrtle, Keon Hampton and Ben Paist rounded out the selections for the Hawks.
New Albany’s selections for the team include Eric Chaney and Jerrell Lipsey, while Chase Taylor represents West Union and a duo from East Union made the team in Dontrell Lattimore and Dustin Hall.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...