Baseball season winding down
Hard to believe we’re almost through the regular season for spring sports, and we have only another week before we enter the postseason for baseball and softball.
Next week presents some really good match-ups with seeding for the upcoming postseason on the line.
This is also the time that my head spins, trying to figure out seeding for the postseason. Because most schools keep the Maxpreps website updated, I’ll use that to break down possible seeding.
New Albany and Senatobia will face off in baseball next week to close out division play. The Bulldogs will travel to Lewisburg tonight hoping to avenge the Tuesday night loss at home. The Patriots are also on top of the division standings.
The 2-1A race is winding down with Ingomar out front. West Union’s only loss in division play is to the Falcons, so tonight’s match-up will be big in determining the top two seeds in the division. Not far behind is Myrtle, which will have to play the Eagles twice next week, so that division is still far from decided.
The one match-up I’m looking forward to seeing the most next week is East Union and Baldwyn. Region 1-2A is always a fight, and the Urchins have already faced the usual foes in Hatley and Hamilton and only have one loss in division play right now. Next week’s two games can decide a division champion, and I’ll definitely be on hand to watch one of those games.
That’s breaking down baseball, as of right now. Hopefully the bad weather over the last couple of days will not mess up the schedule for this weekend’s games too much.
Next week we’ll break down the softball playoffs, which will also be decided next week.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...