Lady Eagles defeat Myrtle
West Union came one step closer to the division title in Region 2-1A, defeating Myrtle, 10-3 on Monday.
In a make up game scheduled for earlier this month, the Lady Eagles, took a 5-0 lead in the second, beginning with an RBI single by Jesslyn Brewer. With runners on first and second, Julianna Garner drove in two more runs off of her double, and Hannah McQuary made it 5-0, plating two with a single.
The Lady Hawks earned back two of those runs, scoring on a single and two errors, making it 5-2.
Garner and McQuary added runs for West Union in the fourth, with McQuary capping the inning with a triple.
West Union’s final three runs came in the fifth inning, as Brewer, Gina Beth Conlee and Bailey Bogue drove in runs, going ahead 10-2 before Myrtle scored its final run in the seventh.
The Lady Hawks had two key innings to add to their run total, loading the bases off three straight hits in the fourth before the West Union defense shut them down with three consecutive outs. Myrtle again had runners in scoring position in the fifth before the Lady Eagles shut them down with back-to-back outs to take the momentum.
Bogue and McQuary led West Union with three hits each, while Gina Beth Conlee, Brewer and Brittany Taylor each had two hits in the win.
Lauren Coggin had two hits to lead Myrtle.
These two teams will meet again at Myrtle on Tuesday. A recap of that game will be in Friday’s Gazette.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...