Urchins shut out New Site
East Union improved to 6-1 in division play, shutting out New Site, 6-0, on Tuesday.
Behind the efforts of Austin Sanders on the mound, the senior held the Royals to five hits and had five strikeouts in the win.
The Urchins took a 2-0 lead in the second inning, beginning with Alex Boland bringing in Tyler Hutcheson on a two out double. Jacob Elder followed Boland’s hit with a single that plated Boland before he was called out at second base to end the frame.
East Union added four runs in the third inning, beginning with an RBI single from Dustin Pratt that plated Trey Barkley, who reached on a single to open the inning. A New Site error brought in the next East Union run, and Austin Basil and Hutcheson each brought in runs in the frame.
Hutcheson, Pratt and Boland each had two hits to lead East Union (12-9, 6-1) in the win.
The Urchins will travel to New Site tonight for the second game in this division match-up.
East Union’s division record has the team currently placed behind Baldwyn, who is currently 6-0. The two teams will face off next week, beginning with a Tuesday match-up at Baldwyn.
Before the Urchins travel to Baldwyn on Tuesday, they will play at Tupelo on Saturday, beginning at 1 p.m.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...