Urchins shut out New Site
East Union improved to 6-1 in division play, shutting out New Site, 6-0, on Tuesday.
Behind the efforts of Austin Sanders on the mound, the senior held the Royals to five hits and had five strikeouts in the win.
The Urchins took a 2-0 lead in the second inning, beginning with Alex Boland bringing in Tyler Hutcheson on a two out double. Jacob Elder followed Boland’s hit with a single that plated Boland before he was called out at second base to end the frame.
East Union added four runs in the third inning, beginning with an RBI single from Dustin Pratt that plated Trey Barkley, who reached on a single to open the inning. A New Site error brought in the next East Union run, and Austin Basil and Hutcheson each brought in runs in the frame.
Hutcheson, Pratt and Boland each had two hits to lead East Union (12-9, 6-1) in the win.
The Urchins will travel to New Site tonight for the second game in this division match-up.
East Union’s division record has the team currently placed behind Baldwyn, who is currently 6-0. The two teams will face off next week, beginning with a Tuesday match-up at Baldwyn.
Before the Urchins travel to Baldwyn on Tuesday, they will play at Tupelo on Saturday, beginning at 1 p.m.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...