East Union finishes second in division
East Union finished the regular season over the weekend and enter the playoffs as the two seed from Region 1-2A after falling at home to Baldwyn, 2-1, on Friday.
Defeating the Bearcats 12-2 on Tuesday, the Urchins needed Friday’s win to wrap up the division title, and held a 1-0 lead going to the final three outs for the Bearcats in the seventh.
In the sixth, Cody Bo Dillard and Tray Davis reached base on an error and single, and Tyler Hutcheson broke the scoreless tie with a single that plated Dillard with two outs.
Down 1-0, the Bearcats loaded the bases on an error, single and a walk and scored two runs on errors by the Urchins.
Hutcheson had three hits to lead the Urchins (14-12, 8-2).
East Union also fell, 11-6, to Booneville on Saturday to close out the regular season.
East Union will take on Potts Camp for the play-in round of the playoffs, beginning on Friday. As the two seed, the Urchins will travel to Potts Camp on Friday night and host the Cardinals at home on Saturday for game two and the if necessary game three of the series.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...