East Union finishes second in division
East Union finished the regular season over the weekend and enter the playoffs as the two seed from Region 1-2A after falling at home to Baldwyn, 2-1, on Friday.
Defeating the Bearcats 12-2 on Tuesday, the Urchins needed Friday’s win to wrap up the division title, and held a 1-0 lead going to the final three outs for the Bearcats in the seventh.
In the sixth, Cody Bo Dillard and Tray Davis reached base on an error and single, and Tyler Hutcheson broke the scoreless tie with a single that plated Dillard with two outs.
Down 1-0, the Bearcats loaded the bases on an error, single and a walk and scored two runs on errors by the Urchins.
Hutcheson had three hits to lead the Urchins (14-12, 8-2).
East Union also fell, 11-6, to Booneville on Saturday to close out the regular season.
East Union will take on Potts Camp for the play-in round of the playoffs, beginning on Friday. As the two seed, the Urchins will travel to Potts Camp on Friday night and host the Cardinals at home on Saturday for game two and the if necessary game three of the series.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...