Ingomar falls to Vardaman in playoffs
Ingomar’s season came to an end against Vardaman, falling 2-0 in the series.
In Saturday’s game on at home, the Lady Falcons fell to the Lady Rams, 13-3, behind a four hit day for Vardaman’s Whittney Gee.
Gee had the first of four straight hits for the Lady Rams in the first inning, and back-to-back doubles put Vardaman ahead, 2-0 early.
Ingomar had two runs in the first, loading the bases with one out.
Leading 5-2 in the second, Vardaman added two runs on a single by Cheyenne McKiney, and added runs in the fourth and seventh innings.
Ingomar’s final run came in the fifth inning. With two outs, Amy Fooshee hit a triple and was plated on a single by Lauren Koon, making it 9-3.
Six Lady Ram batters had multiple hits, led by Gee and Grace Edmondson with four hits each. McKiney finished with three hits.
On Monday, Vardaman came from behind to take the series, 3-2, at home.
Heather Dillard put the Lady Falcons ahead with a two-run double in the fifth, but the Lady Rams loaded the bases with no outs in the seventh, and Briana Wright drove in the game-winning run.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...