Bulldogs sweep Pontotoc, advance to play Kosciusko
The Bulldogs fought from behind to take its first round series against Pontotoc on Friday.
After defeating the Warriors, 7-3, on Thursday, New Albany found itself down the entire game after a solo home run by Trey Henry in the second inning gave Pontotoc the 1-0 lead.
In the seventh, Grant Hogue and Jimmy Baldon reached base on singles, and with two outs, Jonah Zahller drove in the two runs to take the lead, 2-1. Ben Foster pitched the complete game for the Bulldogs and shut down the Warriors in the bottom of the seventh to earn the sweep.
In Thursday’s game at home, the Warriors took the early 1-0 lead in the third on a Bulldog error, but Foster tied the game with an RBI double. The Bulldogs took the lead in the fourth inning, loading the bases and scoring the go-ahead run on a wild pitch.
Leading 2-1 in the bottom of the sixth, the Bulldogs added five runs off one hit and four Pontotoc errors to lead 7-1 and held the Warriors to only two hits in the top of the seventh to take the 1-0 series lead.
Next for the Bulldogs is a second round match up with Kosciusko. That series will take place May 2-4.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...