Progressive energy steps
The installation of a solar-panel array at the Toyota manufacturing plant in Blue Springs is significant to our community in two ways.
First, the system represents Toyota’s continuing commitment to energy efficiency and environmental friendly processes.
Installing solar panels is certainly something Toyota did not have to do, and the panels do not provide power directly to the manufacturing plant.
Instead, the solar panels feed power into the electric grid of the Tennessee Valley Authority. The panels will generate enough electricity to power about seven residential houses.
Second, the installation of solar panel generating systems recognizes the New Albany Light, Gas & Water utility’s commitment to alternative energy. Our utility participates in the TVA solar energy program.
The New Albany utility provides the utility service for the Toyota plant. Toyota is by far the utility’s largest customer.
New Albany collaborated with Mississippi Solar to provide the connectivity so power being generated could reach the TVA grid, said Bill Maddox, manager of the utility.
Both Toyota and New Albany Light, Gas & Water have taken a progressive attitude toward new energy sources. We applaud them.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...