ICC-Belden to offer GED again
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;
The high school equivalency (GED) test will be given at the Itawamba Community College Belden Center (3200 Adams Farm Road), May 1, 8, 15, 22, 25 and 29, beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Prior to testing, all persons not enrolled in an Itawamba Community College-sponsored ABE/GED class will be required to participate in a preregistration/orientation session. Preregistration sessions will be held each Tuesday and Thursday from 1- 4 p.m. or from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Belden Center. Attendance at both of the sessions is required.
Applicants desiring to take the GED test must be 18 years of age and not enrolled in secondary school, and they must have an official withdrawal form from the last school attended. Sixteen- and seventeen-year-olds may be permitted to take the test if they meet certain criteria.
Persons will be admitted to testing upon successful completion of the preregistration/orientation session and presentation of valid government-issued picture identification card, such as a driver’s license or passport. If the card does not include the applicant’s Social Security number, a Social Security card will be required.
The GED has five sections including social studies, science, mathematics, language arts reading and language arts writing. An average score of 450 on each of the five tests and a minimum score of 410 on each of the five tests is necessary to receive the GED certificate. Fees are $15 for each of the five subject areas. Retest fees are also $15 per section.
The GED test is administered on a block schedule. All persons must register in advance to be eligible to test and pay their testing fees no later than Monday, 4 p.m. prior to a Wednesday or Saturday testing. Testing times begin with math at 7:30 a.m.
For more information, contact the ICC GED Department at (662) 407-1510.
Computer-based GED testing is now available at ICC. Persons interested in taking the computer-based GED test rather than the paper/pencil version should call (662) 407-1513 for more information.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...