ICC-Belden to offer GED again
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;
The high school equivalency (GED) test will be given at the Itawamba Community College Belden Center (3200 Adams Farm Road), May 1, 8, 15, 22, 25 and 29, beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Prior to testing, all persons not enrolled in an Itawamba Community College-sponsored ABE/GED class will be required to participate in a preregistration/orientation session. Preregistration sessions will be held each Tuesday and Thursday from 1- 4 p.m. or from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Belden Center. Attendance at both of the sessions is required.
Applicants desiring to take the GED test must be 18 years of age and not enrolled in secondary school, and they must have an official withdrawal form from the last school attended. Sixteen- and seventeen-year-olds may be permitted to take the test if they meet certain criteria.
Persons will be admitted to testing upon successful completion of the preregistration/orientation session and presentation of valid government-issued picture identification card, such as a driver’s license or passport. If the card does not include the applicant’s Social Security number, a Social Security card will be required.
The GED has five sections including social studies, science, mathematics, language arts reading and language arts writing. An average score of 450 on each of the five tests and a minimum score of 410 on each of the five tests is necessary to receive the GED certificate. Fees are $15 for each of the five subject areas. Retest fees are also $15 per section.
The GED test is administered on a block schedule. All persons must register in advance to be eligible to test and pay their testing fees no later than Monday, 4 p.m. prior to a Wednesday or Saturday testing. Testing times begin with math at 7:30 a.m.
For more information, contact the ICC GED Department at (662) 407-1510.
Computer-based GED testing is now available at ICC. Persons interested in taking the computer-based GED test rather than the paper/pencil version should call (662) 407-1513 for more information.
About New Albany Gazette
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...