Lady Eagles sweep Jumpertown
The Lady Eagles had to wait almost a week and a half to play its first round playoff series against Jumpertown, but that did not slow them down, as they swept the series, capped by an 11-1 win at home on Tuesday.
“We were a little rusty, to say the least,” West Union coach Lisa Bogue said. “Bottom line is, they came out, and they’ve been working hard all year, and they came out and did their jobs. I’m proud of them.”
West Union took a 1-0 lead in the series after winning at Jumpertown, 7-1, on Monday, but it was the visiting Lady Cardinals that struck first in the opening inning of game two, going ahead, 1-0.
Back-to-back hits from Julianna Garner and Gina Beth Conlee placed runners on the corners, and Hannah McQuary tied the game with her RBI single, plating Garner.
The Lady Eagles took the lead in the second inning after Jesslyn Brewer had a lead off single, and two Lady Cardinal errors placed her on third. Callie Baggett plated Brewer, and Baggett later scored on an RBI single from Garner, making it, 3-1.
West Union scored seven runs in the third off eight hits. Both Gracen Conlee and Jodie McMillin had two hits in the frame, as the Lady Eagles batted around the order.
Ahead 10-1 in the fifth, West Union closed out the game, loading the bases and scoring the final run on an error.
Gracen Conlee, Gina Beth Conlee and Garner each had three hits to lead West Union, which will open its next series at Vardaman on Thursday.
“It will be a tough series, because they put us out last year, Bogue said of Vardaman. “We’ve refocused, and we’re revamped for this series, and we’re going to try to be ready.”
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series