Lady Eagles sweep Jumpertown
The Lady Eagles had to wait almost a week and a half to play its first round playoff series against Jumpertown, but that did not slow them down, as they swept the series, capped by an 11-1 win at home on Tuesday.
“We were a little rusty, to say the least,” West Union coach Lisa Bogue said. “Bottom line is, they came out, and they’ve been working hard all year, and they came out and did their jobs. I’m proud of them.”
West Union took a 1-0 lead in the series after winning at Jumpertown, 7-1, on Monday, but it was the visiting Lady Cardinals that struck first in the opening inning of game two, going ahead, 1-0.
Back-to-back hits from Julianna Garner and Gina Beth Conlee placed runners on the corners, and Hannah McQuary tied the game with her RBI single, plating Garner.
The Lady Eagles took the lead in the second inning after Jesslyn Brewer had a lead off single, and two Lady Cardinal errors placed her on third. Callie Baggett plated Brewer, and Baggett later scored on an RBI single from Garner, making it, 3-1.
West Union scored seven runs in the third off eight hits. Both Gracen Conlee and Jodie McMillin had two hits in the frame, as the Lady Eagles batted around the order.
Ahead 10-1 in the fifth, West Union closed out the game, loading the bases and scoring the final run on an error.
Gracen Conlee, Gina Beth Conlee and Garner each had three hits to lead West Union, which will open its next series at Vardaman on Thursday.
“It will be a tough series, because they put us out last year, Bogue said of Vardaman. “We’ve refocused, and we’re revamped for this series, and we’re going to try to be ready.”
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday