Lady Hawks’ season ends against Smithville
Defending 1A state champion Smithville advanced to the north half championship after earning a sweep of Myrtle over the weekend.
The Lady Seminoles took a 6-0 win last Thursday in game one, shutting out the Lady Hawks despite allowing seven hits.
Pitcher Audrey Kent fell to 15-3 on the season with the loss, and Amber Cook had multiple hits to lead Myrtle.
Smithville scored five of its runs over the first three innings, taking a 3-0 lead in the first. Breanna Edgeworth led the Lady Seminoles with three hits in the win, including a double.
Smithville took the series with an 11-1 win at home on Saturday. The Lady Seminoles built a 5-0 lead before Myrtle scored its lone run of the series in the third inning.
Myrtle was held to only two hits in the game; both from Emily Cook.
Angel Guyton and Morgan Barrett led Smithville with three hits each and improved to 20-6 on the season, while Myrtle finished the season at 17-6.
Smithville awaits the winner of the West Union-Vardaman series in the north half championship this weekend.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...