Vince Jordan resigns as Myrtle principal
After 13 years of service as principal at Myrtle Attendance Center, Vince Jordan has stepped down from the post, effective immediately.
In his resignation, Jordan cited his intention to retire from the education field altogether, said Union County Superintendent Ken Basil.
“We certainly appreciate the time and dedication he has given to the students and to his staff over the years,” Basil said about the retirement.
Jordan, who has 25 years’ experience in the education field, was hired as Myrtle’s principal in 2000. He has a bachelor of science degree in education, with a focus in mathematics, as well as a master’s degree in educational leadership.
Terry Cook, school board representative for the county’s first district, said he hated to lose Jordan as principal at Myrtle.
“He was a good one,” Cook said. “I think we need to look very dilligently to find the right person to replace him. He helped the school in so many ways.”
Nancy Yates, who has most recently served as the school’s assistant principal, will take over as interim principal for the remaining three weeks of the school year, Basil said.
“She will remain as interim principal through June 30, during which time we’ll begin our search for a full-time replacement,” he said.
Basil said he did not know whether Yates intends to pursue the job on a full time basis, but she would be considered if she did apply.
The Union County School District Board of Trustees also voted to hire Mark Grubbs as the new principal at Ingomar Attendance Center for the 2013-14 school year.
Grubbs has served as principal of Bruce High School in the Calhoun County School District for the past seven years. He is also a graduate of New Albany High School, Basil said.
“From all the information we have on him, he has been a fair principal with an open door policy,” Basi said.
Grubbs will take over the position that will be vacated by Kenny Roberts. Roberts was hired by the New Albany School Board of Trustees in April as assistant principal at New Albany Elementary next school year.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...