Toyota Enhancement Endowment Fund, MSU to pair up
Toyota Enhancement Endowment Fund Advisory Committee and MSU President Dr. Mark Keenum announce first dual enrollment class
The Toyota Enhancement Endowment Fund Advisory Committee and Mississippi State University President Dr. Mark Keenum were to announce the first course in the recently-established dual enrollment program on Tuesday, May 7, in the CREATE Boardroom in Tupelo at 9:30 a.m.
TEEFAC was established to administer the $50 million gift Toyota announced at groundbreaking in 2007. Payable over a 10-year period, the goal of the education gift is to create a perpetual fund to enhance the eight school districts in Lee, Pontotoc and Union counties and to offer all students opportunities they may not have had.
The first course will be a web application development class beginning January 2014.
Students will learn how to develop platform-independent web applications – “apps” that run on both Apple and Android devices as well as on standard web browsers.
“The class will be taught from a business perspective and will focus on the development of real-life products that could form the basis of an entrepreneurial venture,” commented Mike Clayborne of CREATE Foundation. “Many have heard the recent story of the 17- year-old young man from England who developed a news summary app. He sold it to Yahoo! for millions. So there is a very real future in this particular area of technology, and we’re very glad to see this course taught in North Mississippi. It could literally affect the futures of each of these students.”
The course will be offered as a dual enrollment program established by the Mississippi Department of Education, with both high school and MSU academic credit available to students. The course runs from January through April and involves three classes a week – two distance classes, on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and a Saturday class taught at the Toyota facility in Blue Springs, Miss., by MSU professors.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...