Weather a factor in community activities
The possibility of bad weather has caused the cancellation of one community activity and may force the relocation or postponement of two more.
The Great American Clean-up, scheduled for this past Saturday morning, was cancelled because of the possibility of rain. Organizers are considering the possibility of having a community clean-up day late one weekday afternoon for those who want to participate, and said they might even see more involvement than on a Saturday morning.
The date will be announced if they do decide to reschedule the event.
The American Cancer Society Relay for Life is scheduled for this Friday, May 10, at BNA Bank Park. Weather forecasts early in the week called for a 60-percent probability of rain Friday so Relay officials said that if rain is a problem the event will be moved to the Union County Fairgrounds where it can be held in the arena.
The Relay is set to start at 6 p.m. with opening ceremonies at 7 p.m., team contests at 7:45, the luminaria service at 9:45 and closing ceremony at midnight.
The Frog-A-Nanny parade, pep rally and ball game were scheduled for this past Thursday and Friday, and were rescheduled because of rain. They are now planned for this Friday, May 10, also.
The parade is to be downtown at 5:45 followed by a pep rally at the courthouse and everyone will then go to BNA Bank Park for the ballgame.
If it is raining Friday, Frog-A-Nanny will be rescheduled a second time to Thursday, May 23 with events to follow the same schedule starting at 5:45. Frog-A-Nanny grew out of the Frog-A-Nal, an event to raise money for the Dean Provence Endowment for Excellence in Education, with the highlight being a tee-ball game for students with severe and multiple disabilities in the city and county school systems.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...