White wins New Albany’s Ward 3 race
Shortly before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, election officials declared Kevin Dale White the unofficial winner of a runoff election in New Albany's 3rd Ward.
White received 188 votes in the runoff election, or 55.8 percent of the vote, compared to 149 votes, or 44.2 percent for his opponent, Larry Dykes.
The total vote count included 16 absentee votes and three affadavit ballots.
White will take over a seat on the New Albany Board of Aldermen that will be vacated by current alderman Tommie Beasley when the term ends in June.
About Chris Elkins
- Ingomar takes out Mantachie in playoff opener October 13, 2016
- The Playhouse October 18, 2016
- Letter to the editor: MAEP School Funding Formula – Change is coming October 18, 2016
- Communicating with families October 18, 2016
- We plan to be more involved October 18, 2016
- Lady Urchins sweep Calhoun City and advance to North Half October 18, 2016
- We’re moving October 18, 2016
- Sharing at Christmas drive begins; applications due Oct. 29 October 18, 2016
- Historic flag visits museum for bicentennial October 18, 2016
- Christmas parade Nov. 28; new lights, event to follow week of parade October 18, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...