White wins New Albany’s Ward 3 race
Shortly before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, election officials declared Kevin Dale White the unofficial winner of a runoff election in New Albany's 3rd Ward.
White received 188 votes in the runoff election, or 55.8 percent of the vote, compared to 149 votes, or 44.2 percent for his opponent, Larry Dykes.
The total vote count included 16 absentee votes and three affadavit ballots.
White will take over a seat on the New Albany Board of Aldermen that will be vacated by current alderman Tommie Beasley when the term ends in June.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...