White wins New Albany’s Ward 3 race
Shortly before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, election officials declared Kevin Dale White the unofficial winner of a runoff election in New Albany's 3rd Ward.
White received 188 votes in the runoff election, or 55.8 percent of the vote, compared to 149 votes, or 44.2 percent for his opponent, Larry Dykes.
The total vote count included 16 absentee votes and three affadavit ballots.
White will take over a seat on the New Albany Board of Aldermen that will be vacated by current alderman Tommie Beasley when the term ends in June.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...