Six-year-old swimmer finishes third in Nashville triathlon
By Joanna Madding
Tallahatchie Tidal Waves Swim Team of New Albany/Union County had one of their own participate in his third triathlon – and he’s only six years old. Swimming is one of the fastest growing sports and is one that can be promoted as a lifelong skill. Let’s say he’s using his lifelong skill early.
Ethan Kimbrough, six years old – youngest member of TTW, participated in the Nashville Kids Triathlon, May 19. Over 600 youngsters ranging in age from six to 10 in the Junior Division and 11 to 15 in the Senior Division, swam, biked and ran their way to the finish line.
The Nashville Kids Triathlon is organized by Kids Triathlon, Inc. which is a 501c(3) organization based in Jacksonville, Fla. Its sole mission is to utilize the sport of triathlon to help build a generation of healthy, active kids. Team Magic of Nashville is the official USATriathlon Race Director. In addition, The YMCA of Middle Tennessee, the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt and Nashville Parent are the three Founding Partners of the event in Nashville.
Kimbrough finished and won third place overall in the seven-year-old group with a time of 25:25. He swam 100 yards, biked three miles and ran 0.5 miles (Junior Division competition).
Kimbrough, son of Kevin (TTW Assistant Coach) and Sarah Kimbrough from Corinth, has been swimming with the Tallahatchie Tidal Waves since summer of 2012. He has won three high-point swim meet awards and continues to compete with the team. Tallahatchie Tidal Waves Swim Team practices at the New Albany Baptist Healthplex. Contact email@example.com for more information.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...