Sanderson signs with BMC golf
Summer Sanderson, a three-time most valuable player at New Albany High School, has signed a women’s golf scholarship with Blue Mountain College.
“This is a big day for Blue Mountain,” said BMC coach Danny McKenzie.
“Summer was a really good player in high school and she will be able to have an immediate impact on our team. We’re excited that she’s going to join us.”
Sanderson, a 2012 graduate of New Albany High who attended Northeast Mississippi Community College last year, played varsity golf for five years – her eighth-grade year at Booneville and the next four at New Albany.
She qualified for the Mississippi High School Girls Class II Championship all five years and finished in the top 10 here junior and senior seasons.
Sanderson led New Albany to its first division championship her senior year and to a third-place finish in the state tournament.
“Summer is a very good student who has played a lot of competitive golf,” McKenzie said. “We’re looking forward to seeing her play on the next level.”
About Chris Elkins
- Overtime magic January 13, 2017
- Lee selected for Alcorn nursing program January 18, 2017
- Hillcrest Baptist Church to host Night to Shine Prom for people with special needs January 18, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- Planning can save 15 percent at grocer’s January 19, 2017
- Elementary students honor King January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...