Sanderson signs with BMC
Summer Sanderson, a three-time most valuable player at New Albany High School, has signed a women’s golf scholarship with Blue Mountain College.
“This is a big day for Blue Mountain,” said BMC coach Danny McKenzie. “Summer was a really good player in high school and she will be able to have an immediate impact on our team. We’re excited that she’s going to join us.”
Sanderson, a 2012 graduate of New Albany High who attended Northeast Mississippi Community College last year, played varsity golf for five years – her eighth-grade year at Booneville and the next four at New Albany.
She qualified for the Mississippi High School Girls Class II Championship all five years and finished in the top 10 here junior and senior seasons.
Sanderson led New Albany to its first division championship her senior year and to a third-place finish in the state tournament.
“Summer is a very good student who has played a lot of competitive golf,” McKenzie said. “We’re looking forward to seeing her play on the next level.”
About New Albany Gazette
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...