Browning takes Myrtle basketball job
The Union County School Board of Trustees appointed former Ingomar standout Rob Browning as the new boys and girls basketball coach at Myrtle last Monday.
Browning, 25, has served the past three seasons at Amory High School, beginning as the Lady Panthers head coach for the 2010-2011 season and taking over both as head boys and girls basketball coach beginning with the 2011-2012 season.
A former member of the Ingomar Falcons’ squad in high school under then-coach Norris Ashley, Browning was an all-state point guard and played in the 2006 state championship.
He later served as a voluntary assistant coach for the Myrtle Hawks during the 2009-2010 season under Jonathan Ashley, while finishing his degree at the University of Mississippi.
Browning will take over his new position this fall, replacing former Myrtle coach Cliff Orman, who recently took over the Ripley Lady Tigers coaching job.
Former Lady Tigers coach Katie Bates left Ripley to take a coaching job at Pine Grove.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...