Browning takes Myrtle basketball job
The Union County School Board of Trustees appointed former Ingomar standout Rob Browning as the new boys and girls basketball coach at Myrtle last Monday.
Browning, 25, has served the past three seasons at Amory High School, beginning as the Lady Panthers head coach for the 2010-2011 season and taking over both as head boys and girls basketball coach beginning with the 2011-2012 season.
A former member of the Ingomar Falcons’ squad in high school under then-coach Norris Ashley, Browning was an all-state point guard and played in the 2006 state championship.
He later served as a voluntary assistant coach for the Myrtle Hawks during the 2009-2010 season under Jonathan Ashley, while finishing his degree at the University of Mississippi.
Browning will take over his new position this fall, replacing former Myrtle coach Cliff Orman, who recently took over the Ripley Lady Tigers coaching job.
Former Lady Tigers coach Katie Bates left Ripley to take a coaching job at Pine Grove.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...