Browning takes Myrtle basketball job
The Union County School Board of Trustees appointed former Ingomar standout Rob Browning as the new boys and girls basketball coach at Myrtle last Monday.
Browning, 25, has served the past three seasons at Amory High School, beginning as the Lady Panthers head coach for the 2010-2011 season and taking over both as head boys and girls basketball coach beginning with the 2011-2012 season.
A former member of the Ingomar Falcons’ squad in high school under then-coach Norris Ashley, Browning was an all-state point guard and played in the 2006 state championship.
He later served as a voluntary assistant coach for the Myrtle Hawks during the 2009-2010 season under Jonathan Ashley, while finishing his degree at the University of Mississippi.
Browning will take over his new position this fall, replacing former Myrtle coach Cliff Orman, who recently took over the Ripley Lady Tigers coaching job.
Former Lady Tigers coach Katie Bates left Ripley to take a coaching job at Pine Grove.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...