Tallahatchie Tumbling and Cheer at new location
A ribbon-cutting was held Friday for Tallahatchie Tumbling and Cheer after its move from downtown to the former Harrison Motors building at 1114 W. Bankhead. Owner Stacy Stepp Peaster said the 9,000-square-foot building will offer more practice space, more parking and they are in the process of preparing an event area with a full kitchen that can be used for weddings, proms, reunions and other events. Classes are offered in competitive cheerleading, squad practice and power tumbling with the school open from 3 to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday. She also has time for other practices, working with squads from New Albany, Myrtle and West Union. She said she is also adding a 30-foot tumbler trampoline. The center now has about 120 students including 24 All-Stars on her competitive team, which will compete in Jackson in October and at nationals in Destin, Fla. in April next year. Her staff includes Jonathan Baldon and Tyler Jackson who both are experienced Ole Miss cheer squad members and Anna Clar Wooley, who has been on the squad at Northeast Mississippi Community College. For information, call 534-5242.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...