It’s county fair time
The Union County Fair and Livestock Show, which bills itself as “the best little county fair in Mississippi, kicks off its 72nd anniversary year Friday at the fairgrounds.
This year’s fair opens with the rodeo on Friday and Saturday nights, and the Miss Union County Fair and Scholarship pageant before the rodeo on Saturday.
The traditional fair events and carnival begin on Monday. The big change this year is on Tuesday when the fair is staging a major concert.
Country music star Easton Corbin will be on stage Tuesday night for the concert that features Breaking Grass as the opening act at 7 p.m. Corbin is the first male country artist in 17 years to have his first two singles – “A Little More Country Than That” and “Roll With It” – reach No. 1 on the country charts.
Ticket prices on Tuesday night are $25 at the door and $20 in advance. The price includes fair admission.
The fair attracts thousands of people, many from the local area. But some come from other places and take advantage of our hospitality in restaurants and hotels.
We take pride in our county fair and produce the Gazette’s 32 page Guide to the Union County Fair. A copy is in your paper today and extra copies have been provided to the fair.
We support the fair and think you should, too.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...