Baptist enters drug pricing program
The Union County Board of Supervisors agreed to enter into a memorandum of understanding Monday morning with Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County for the hospital to provide for low-income patients by offering the 340B program.
The 340B Drug Pricing Program (340B program) was created in 1992 to provide discounts on outpatient prescription drugs to select safety net providers, including among others, Federally Qualified Health Centers, which include centers receiving grant funds under Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act and look-a-like health centers.
Baptist is going to participate in the drug discount program established under section 340B of the Public Health Service Act.
The program promotes access to affordable medications, efficient business practices, outcomes-driven pharmacy services, and quality assurance.
In order to participate in the 340B program, Baptist must enter into a contract with state or local government pursuant to which Baptist commits to provide health care services to low income individuals, who are not entitled to Medicare or Medicaid benefits, at no reimbursement or considerably less than full reimbursement from these patients.
In order to allow Baptist to participate in the 340B Program and provide such care to the low-income citizens of Union County, the board agreed to accept such commitments on behalf of the citizens of the county.
During the term of this MOU, Baptist agrees to provide certain levels of health care services to indigent, uninsured and underinsured residents of Union County and the state of Mississippi through the on-going operation of the adult and pediatric emergency department at Baptist. Baptist will assure that all patients will receive necessary care in its emergency departments, regardless of ability to pay.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...