Baptist enters drug pricing program
The Union County Board of Supervisors agreed to enter into a memorandum of understanding Monday morning with Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County for the hospital to provide for low-income patients by offering the 340B program.
The 340B Drug Pricing Program (340B program) was created in 1992 to provide discounts on outpatient prescription drugs to select safety net providers, including among others, Federally Qualified Health Centers, which include centers receiving grant funds under Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act and look-a-like health centers.
Baptist is going to participate in the drug discount program established under section 340B of the Public Health Service Act.
The program promotes access to affordable medications, efficient business practices, outcomes-driven pharmacy services, and quality assurance.
In order to participate in the 340B program, Baptist must enter into a contract with state or local government pursuant to which Baptist commits to provide health care services to low income individuals, who are not entitled to Medicare or Medicaid benefits, at no reimbursement or considerably less than full reimbursement from these patients.
In order to allow Baptist to participate in the 340B Program and provide such care to the low-income citizens of Union County, the board agreed to accept such commitments on behalf of the citizens of the county.
During the term of this MOU, Baptist agrees to provide certain levels of health care services to indigent, uninsured and underinsured residents of Union County and the state of Mississippi through the on-going operation of the adult and pediatric emergency department at Baptist. Baptist will assure that all patients will receive necessary care in its emergency departments, regardless of ability to pay.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...