Baptist enters drug pricing program
The Union County Board of Supervisors agreed to enter into a memorandum of understanding Monday morning with Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County for the hospital to provide for low-income patients by offering the 340B program.
The 340B Drug Pricing Program (340B program) was created in 1992 to provide discounts on outpatient prescription drugs to select safety net providers, including among others, Federally Qualified Health Centers, which include centers receiving grant funds under Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act and look-a-like health centers.
Baptist is going to participate in the drug discount program established under section 340B of the Public Health Service Act.
The program promotes access to affordable medications, efficient business practices, outcomes-driven pharmacy services, and quality assurance.
In order to participate in the 340B program, Baptist must enter into a contract with state or local government pursuant to which Baptist commits to provide health care services to low income individuals, who are not entitled to Medicare or Medicaid benefits, at no reimbursement or considerably less than full reimbursement from these patients.
In order to allow Baptist to participate in the 340B Program and provide such care to the low-income citizens of Union County, the board agreed to accept such commitments on behalf of the citizens of the county.
During the term of this MOU, Baptist agrees to provide certain levels of health care services to indigent, uninsured and underinsured residents of Union County and the state of Mississippi through the on-going operation of the adult and pediatric emergency department at Baptist. Baptist will assure that all patients will receive necessary care in its emergency departments, regardless of ability to pay.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...