Race tightens for medical examiner post
The race for Union County’s medical examiner position became more populated in recent days as three more residents qualified to run in November’s special election.
Pamela Steward Denham, Wayne Martin and Stephen Robinson have all thrown their hats into the ring, in addition to those who have already qualified.
Previous qualifiers are Rob Anderson, Pam Boman, Lisa Galloway, Steve Grose, Toby Hill, Lee Waldrop, Brenda Whiteside, Sherri Williams and Jonde Zinzer.
According to Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford, Danny Jarvis withdrew his name from the race in recent days for unknown reasons.
The qualifications for being coroner is to be at least 21 years of age and possess either a high school diploma or its equivalent of the county in which he/she seeks election.
The fee for party candidates is $10 and is made payable to the appropriate county executive committee through Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office.
The number of signatures required for independent candidates is 50 with no fee required.
Those wishing to pick up the paperwork should go by the Union County Circuit Clerk’s office, located in the Union County Courthouse.
The qualifying deadline is 5 p.m. on Sept. 6, 2013.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series