Race tightens for medical examiner post
The race for Union County’s medical examiner position became more populated in recent days as three more residents qualified to run in November’s special election.
Pamela Steward Denham, Wayne Martin and Stephen Robinson have all thrown their hats into the ring, in addition to those who have already qualified.
Previous qualifiers are Rob Anderson, Pam Boman, Lisa Galloway, Steve Grose, Toby Hill, Lee Waldrop, Brenda Whiteside, Sherri Williams and Jonde Zinzer.
According to Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford, Danny Jarvis withdrew his name from the race in recent days for unknown reasons.
The qualifications for being coroner is to be at least 21 years of age and possess either a high school diploma or its equivalent of the county in which he/she seeks election.
The fee for party candidates is $10 and is made payable to the appropriate county executive committee through Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office.
The number of signatures required for independent candidates is 50 with no fee required.
Those wishing to pick up the paperwork should go by the Union County Circuit Clerk’s office, located in the Union County Courthouse.
The qualifying deadline is 5 p.m. on Sept. 6, 2013.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...