By Martha Hardy
The weatherman told us last night (Saturday) that we had a chance of rain today and have been looking and hoping it would happen. We had a few, very few, minutes of a shower but need much more. It has been very overcast all day and that helps to keep the plants from withering to some extent but a good rain would be so appreciated
Our pastor, Brother Randy Byrum, was in preaching in Verona today (Sunday) so Brother Tommy Peters was our visiting preacher. He is not only inspirational but educational. In bringing out one of the points he was making he related the story of the three brothers. All of them were actors and one of them’s real name was John Wilkes Booth who killed President Lincoln. Another one of the three was the person who later saved the life of Lincoln’s son Todd, who had fallen before a train and was rescued by the brother of the man who killed his father.
Last week I wrote about one of our Blythe neighbors, Charlotte Baker, being in the hospital in very serious condition. I am sorry to report that she has passed away. Her funeral was held at Ebenezer Methodist Church with burial in the church cemetery. We extend our condolences to the family.
One of our neighbors, Alesha Higgins, who will be in tenth grade at West Union this fall, has been spending her summer vacation with family members in Florida. They own a business and Alesha has been working for them.
But evidently they have not been working her too hard as she has related via Facebook that she has been going to the beach and parasailing. She was up 800 feet in the air (some gutsy girl). Also she has been to the Wet and Wild water park. I am sure she will have lots more news when she gets back just in time for the start of school.
Remember there will be a benefit fish fry on Saturday, July 20, at Springhill Baptist Church on Waterford Road to help the family of two little Goode brothers, Taylor and Tyler, who have very serious health problems. Please come out and help these beautiful little boys.
Well, I must close for this time. I have son Austin chomping at the bit for me to get off this computer and go with him to courthouse for a title to his purchase. He will be getting his license in September. Oh woe is me. I will need prayers of all.
Call or e-mail if you have news.
Mchardy115@aol.com. Land Line 988-3685. Cell 316-8963.
About Lynn West
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...