Dealers rally over Xplorers in Cotton States
By Tyler McCollum
The North Delta Dealers and the Desoto Xplorers faced each other for the second time this season on Sunday and the Dealers came away with the 5-3 win. With the Dealers down one game to none, it was an all out defensive battle for both teams. The bats for both sides remained silent up until the fifth inning due mostly to the hard work of the Dealer’s pitcher, Brady Cox of Ingomar who fanned 10 batters in 5 innings.
In the bottom half of the fifth, Cody Allen of Lafayette started things off with a hit back to shortstop scoring the first run for the Xplorers. Cole Goode of Nettleton would also assist in lifting his team with a line drive up the middle plating two.
With the score at 3-0, the Dealers would get their chance to even the score and they did. With a big hit to the outfield, Brady Cox of Ingomar would score Cade Howell of North Pontotoc. Dillen Speck of Ingomar would even the score by scoring two more runs.
The top of the seventh would be the last of the scoring as Cade Howell of North Pontotoc would drive in two more runs for the 5-3 win. The Dealers will be back in action on Tuesday as they take on the Tupelo Thunder at 6:30. The Xplorers will also play Tuesday against the Toccopola Swamp Monsters at 6:30. The Cotton States High School League is a great way for the area athletes to stay in shape during the summer and showcase their talent. Games are played at BNABankPark throughout the week.
About Lynn West
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...