ICC releases its 2013 football schedule
Itawamba Community College announced its 2013 football schedule on Monday. The nine-game schedule includes a road trip to defending Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) champion Copiah-Lincoln along with East Central, Mississippi Delta, Northwest and Northeast visiting Easton Field this season.
“It’s the same tough schedule that everyone has in this league,” said ICC head football coach Jon Williams. “We’ll have to be good week in and week out to have a shot at the end [of the season].”
ICC opens the season at home against East Central Community College, Aug 29, as they observe Military Appreciation Night honoring past and current members of the armed forces. Special activities are planned prior to the game as well as a salute during halftime. Admission will be free to all past and current armed forces members and their families.
The following week on Sept 5, the No. 19 Indians will travel to Southwest Mississippi Community College before opening MACJC North Division play in Fulton against Mississippi Delta Community College, Sept 12, and will be on the road on Sept 19 against the Bulldogs of Holmes Community College.
The Indians will host No. 21 Northwest Mississippi Community College, Sept 28, for Homecoming in the first of two Saturday dates during the 2013 campaign. The game is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. with a pre-game ceremony inducting the 2013 ICC Athletic Hall of Fame members and Alumnus of the Year along with the crowing of the Homecoming Queen during halftime.
ICC will hit the road for two-straight weeks taking on Copiah-Lincoln Community College, Oct 3, in non-division play before traveling to Clarksdale to take on Coahoma Community College with kickoff scheduled for 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, Oct 12.
Coach Williams and the Indians will look to make it four-straight wins over Northeast Mississippi Community College, Oct 17, in their final home game of the season. It will be the first time in two years that the Tigers have returned to Fulton with ICC taking a 20-17 upset victory over their then nationally ranked rivals.
ICC will close the regular season with a road trip on Thursday, Oct 24, to take on No. 6 East Mississippi Community College. Last season, the Indians picked up a thrilling 24-23 victory over the Lions on a 43-yard field goal by Tyler Jackson, who earned MACJC and National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Special Teams Player of the Week honors along with be recognized as the JUCO Player of the Week by ESPNU’s Unite for his late-game heroics. Jackson is now a place kicker for the Brigham Young football program.
In all, the Indians will play four home games and five road games in 2013. Seven of the nine games are currently scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m. They will face three teams that participated in bowl games or postseason play last season along with three teams that finished 2012 ranked in the final JCGridiron.com and NJCAA polls.
ICC is coming off a 6-3 season in 2012. In three seasons under Coach Williams, the Indians are 15-12 and have missed the playoffs due to MACJC tie-breaker rules in two of the three seasons.
“We’ve got a good nucleus coming back from last year’s team so I’m really excited about them,” Williams commented. “The things you worry about as a head coach is the unity, the chemistry and also the leadership, but hopefully June was good for developing some of that and gave them a lot to think about during the month of July.”
ICC is scheduled to report to August 4 to prepare for the 2013 campaign.
“We’ll start with a three-day acclamation period that is required by the NJCAA and then we will get with it,” Williams said. “This year the start of school has been moved back so we are able to have a legitimate two-a-day camp with just football because we’ve got a lot of work to do, but we are really excited about the group that we have coming back and those new guys coming in.”
You can listen to all nine games this season on WAFM 95.7 FM with the Davis Ford Pregame Show starting 20 minutes before kickoff. Live streaming of this year’s game will be available on www.LetsGoICC.com.
2013 ICC Football Schedule
Date Opponent Time
Aug 29 East Central CC 7:00 p.m.
Sept 5 at Southwest MS CC 7:00 p.m.
Sept 12 MS Delta CC 7:00 p.m.
Sept 19 at Holmes CC 7:00 p.m.
Sept 28 Northwest MS CC 4:00 p.m. (HC)
Oct 3 at Copiah-Lincoln CC 7:00 p.m.
Oct 12 at Coahoma CC 2:00 p.m.
Oct 17 Northeast MS CC 7:00 p.m.
Oct 24 at East MS CC 7:00 p.m.
About Lynn West
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series