By Martha Swindle
Sherman’s mayor and all five board of aldermen recently attended the Mississippi Municipal League’s 82nd Annual Conference at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum and Convention Center. “Strong Cities: Putting the Pieces Together” was this year’s theme, and the agenda featured educational programs that offered excellent training and information to all of the members. An estimated 3,000 municipal elected officials, municipal employees, state agency representatives, legislators, exhibitors and others attended this annual event.
One conference highlight included the 2013 Mississippi Hall of Fame. Two of Sherman’s aldermen were inducted during the July 17 awards luncheon. Both Todd McDonald and Dianne Jolly have served 20 years as aldermen for Sherman and were recognized for their longevity and dedicated service.
Don “Red” Moore was the guest speaker Sunday night, July 21, at Tri-County Baptist Church.
A “Growing Churches” conference for all church leaders, sponsored by the Mississippi Baptist Convention, will be held at Harrisburg Baptist Church Aug. 9 and 10. The conference begins at 6 p.m. Aug. 9 and ends Aug. 10 at noon. A sign-up sheet will be on the communion table at Sherman Baptist. All church and ministry leaders are encouraged to attend.
Once again, it is time to collect supplies for school. If you would like to donate supplies or give money, please see Mary Nell Beasley or Ann Adams. A list of supplies needed: backpacks, notebooks, pencils, pens, paper towels, Kleenex, crayons, colored pencils, glue, glue sticks, 2-inch 3-ring notebooks, dividers, hand sanitizer, black sharpie pens, 1 pkg. of highlighters, and loose leaf paper. Supplies need to be turned in by next Sunday, July 28.
About Lynn West
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert