By Martha Swindle
Sherman’s mayor and all five board of aldermen recently attended the Mississippi Municipal League’s 82nd Annual Conference at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum and Convention Center. “Strong Cities: Putting the Pieces Together” was this year’s theme, and the agenda featured educational programs that offered excellent training and information to all of the members. An estimated 3,000 municipal elected officials, municipal employees, state agency representatives, legislators, exhibitors and others attended this annual event.
One conference highlight included the 2013 Mississippi Hall of Fame. Two of Sherman’s aldermen were inducted during the July 17 awards luncheon. Both Todd McDonald and Dianne Jolly have served 20 years as aldermen for Sherman and were recognized for their longevity and dedicated service.
Don “Red” Moore was the guest speaker Sunday night, July 21, at Tri-County Baptist Church.
A “Growing Churches” conference for all church leaders, sponsored by the Mississippi Baptist Convention, will be held at Harrisburg Baptist Church Aug. 9 and 10. The conference begins at 6 p.m. Aug. 9 and ends Aug. 10 at noon. A sign-up sheet will be on the communion table at Sherman Baptist. All church and ministry leaders are encouraged to attend.
Once again, it is time to collect supplies for school. If you would like to donate supplies or give money, please see Mary Nell Beasley or Ann Adams. A list of supplies needed: backpacks, notebooks, pencils, pens, paper towels, Kleenex, crayons, colored pencils, glue, glue sticks, 2-inch 3-ring notebooks, dividers, hand sanitizer, black sharpie pens, 1 pkg. of highlighters, and loose leaf paper. Supplies need to be turned in by next Sunday, July 28.
About Lynn West
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Lady Urchin Power January 21, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...