Catfish designated commodity of month
Union County Farm Bureau promoted “Catfish” as the commodity of the month for July. A display was set up complete with fishing bobbers and gummy “worms” for the children. Members were invited to register for two catfish dinners from Fat Luey’s Restaurant. Nell Weeden was the winner. Shown with her receiving the gift certificate are her grandchildren, Zoey Biffle and Ames Richards. There will be a different commodity promoted for each month of the year.
About New Albany Gazette
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...