Farm Service Agency announces county committee election
The Union County Farm Service Agency announces that the election for County Committee member from Local Administrative Area 2 has begun. Landowners and producers of agricultural products may nominate a producer from LAA-2 to serve a 3-year term on the COC, the nomination period started June17 and ends Aug. 1.
LAA-2 includes Ingomar, Bald Hill, Martintown, Blue Springs, Wallerville, New Harmony, Union Hill and Sherman communities.
After nominations are complete election ballots will be mailed on Nov. 4 to all landowners and agricultural producers in LAA-2 to vote their choice of who will represent them on the COC.
Marked election ballots must be received back in the’ FSA office by Dec. 2 and will be counted at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 5. The newly elected COC member will assume duties on Jan. 1, 2014.
About New Albany Gazette
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...