NEMCC and Blue Mountain College agree to partnership
Northeast Mississippi Community College and Blue Mountain College have agreed to accelerated degree partnership program to be hosted on Northeast’s Corinth campus.
Under the agreement, an undergraduate transfer student from or a graduate of Northeast may take courses offered by Blue Mountain College at the Northeast at Corinth center.
After completing the academic requirements of both institutions, the student shall be awarded a bachelor’s degree from Blue Mountain.
“We look forward to continuing our association with Blue Mountain College with this partnership that is not only a benefit to both institutions, but also, and most importantly, a benefit to those seeking higher education opportunities in north Mississippi,” Northeast president Dr. Johnny L. Allen.
Goals of the partnership include enabling students earn college credit applicable to degrees at both institutions by passing College Level Examination Program tests and DSST tests (formerly DANTES Subject Standardized Tests); enabling Northeast graduates to be admitted into Blue Mountain College; expanding student options for college-level services and curriculum and improving student access, success and four-year degree completion.
Blue Mountain College president Dr. Barbara McMillin (left) and Northeast Mississippi Community College Dr. Johnny L. Allen, Ed.D. (right) sign an affiliation agreement on the Northeast Booneville campus on Tuesday, August 6. With the agreement between Northeast and Blue Mountain, an undergraduate transfer student from or a graduate of Northeast may take courses offered by Blue Mountain College at the Northeast at Corinth center in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree from the Tippah County-based college.
About New Albany Gazette
- Macedonia news October 18, 2016
- We’re moving October 18, 2016
- Lady Urchins sweep Calhoun City and advance to North Half October 18, 2016
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- New Albany Middle School honor roll October 25, 2016
- Pediatric flu vaccine available at county health departments October 25, 2016
- A divided country cannot thrive October 25, 2016
- Cancer patients, families, caregivers need our prayers October 25, 2016
- McCullough joins ACT 30+ Club at New Albany High School October 25, 2016
- ‘Bespoke’ open for business October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...