Nine face felony drug charges
The Union County Sheriff’s Department kept busy over the past week as deputies and investigators arrested nine people on felony drug charges.
Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said the nine suspects were arrested between last Friday and Tuesday for possession of a variety of drugs.
“With these arrests, we uncovered between $16,000 and $18,000 worth of drugs in street value,” Edward said. “It was a combination of everything from 1/2 pound of marijuana, to cocaine and heroin.”
Edwards said the arrests were the result of a combination of traffic stops, as well as investigations.
The charges are as follows:
- Alan Massengill is charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of heroin
- Cora Chapman is charged with sell of methamphetamine (within 1,500 feet of a school or church) and possession with intent to sell crystal methamphetamine (within 1,500 feet of a school or church)
- Dierre Shawn Fryar is charged with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute
- Melissa Fryar is charged with possession of cocaine
- Angela Hancock is charged with conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine
- Gregory Joel Dillard is charged with conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine
- Christopher Robbins is charged with possession of precursors and Schedule II controlled substance
- Melissa A. Forth is charged with possession of Schedule II controlled substance and possession of precursors
- Michael Shane Towery is charged with conspiracy with intent to manufacture methamphetamine
Edwards said that Dillard, Hancock, Robbins, Forth and Towery were part of a methamphetamine operation in Pinedale that has been under investigation for some time. Investigators executed a warrant on the ring Monday.
He said that there is not a link between the meth ring and the other arrests made.
Bond has been set for all nine suspects and is between $25,000 and $50,000.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...