‘Dawgs fall in opener
With the opening weekend in the books, the New Albany Bulldogs have an idea of where the team needs to focus its eforts in preparation for the next game.
For New Albany, which fell in a 38-13 game to Water Valley, consistency and building experience on the field, will continue as the focus.
After one quarter of play, the Blue Devils sat tied at 7 with the Bulldogs, aided by a 73-yard pass from Bryce Collins to running back Jimmy Baldon.
That score would prove to be all the Bulldogs would see until the final minute in the game, where a fake punt play by Eathan Rainey placed Wilson inside the Blue Devils redzone.
Wilson scored for the Bulldogs on the next play, but found himself tackled in the backfield as NAHS went for two points.
Water Valley scored early and often, as quarterback E.J. Bounds threw for 145-yards and two touchdowns.
The Blue Devils finished with 465 all-purpose yards while the Bulldogs put in 276-yards.
Collins finished the game with 112-yards passing, while Wilson totaled 63-yards rushing.
“In the first half, they were really doing the little things right: staying on blocks, maintaing blocks, giving great effort. And then I did a poor job of calling the plays to get points early…. with a young football team you’ve got to get some confidence early. I’m disappointed that we came out in the third and fourth quarter and didn’t compete as a football team,” Head Coach Ron Price said.
“This week it will be about finding the right guys to put on the field who want to play for all four quarters, and working on maintaing the little things,” Price said.
New Albany will hit the road this Friday for a visit to Itawamba Agricultural High School. The game will begin at 7 p.m.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series