Tanglefoot Trail grand opening pushed back
Officials with the GM&O Rails-To-Trails Recreational District and Three Rivers Planning and Development District announced Monday that the Tanglefoot Trail’s grand opening will be pushed back a second time.
According to Ronnie Bell and Randy Kelley of Three Rivers, the ceremony will not be held on Sept. 21 because it is not known whether the trail will be completed in time.
Bell said there are three reasons for the further postponement. The first reason is a section of the trail near Houlka where grass has not grown enough to prevent erosion. Second, another stretch has shifting soil that has cracked the asphalt surface. Third, bridgework on U.S. Highway 78 in New Albany continues over the trail. Bell said, however, because bridgework may not be complete in time, this portion of the trail may be barricaded off so that the remainder of the trail may open.
While no date for the ceremony was set, Oct. 5 was suggested as a possibility.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...